Sunday, September 21, 2008

Books during Pregnancy

Like most moms to be, the list of books I absolutely had to read was a long one. I own all the "What to Expect Books", which for the 700+ pages per book, very little had to do with anything I was going through, but I read every page. Feeling very disappointed at the end.
The books I found most helpful were the Jenny McCarthy books(Belly Laughs, Baby Laughs and Life Laughs) and the Happiest Baby on the Block. The later helped us so much in the beginning months and the techniques described were so simple and actually worked. Who could ask for more?
During the 9 months I was waiting for my little guy to arrive I also became obsessed with Agatha Christie novels. I found them easy to read and completely enthralling. That is saying something when you have been stricken with the dreaded pregnancy brain.

No comments: